The 2021 edition of Chambers Asia-Pacific has been released, with Tilleke & Gibbins earning high honors across all of the firm’s jurisdictions in Southeast Asia.
For Thailand, the firm earned rankings in all of the practice areas ranked in Chambers Asia-Pacific 2021, including Band 1 rankings—the publication’s highest recognition for practice areas—for its intellectual property and employment practices. The full practice-area rankings for Tilleke & Gibbins in Thailand are summarized in the table below.
Tilleke & Gibbins also secured two Band 1 rankings—Intellectual Property and Technology, Media, and Telecoms—in Vietnam, along with rankings for Corporate/M&A and Employment.
Tilleke & Gibbins’ office in Cambodia was ranked Band 2 for General Business Law, a boost from last year’s Band 3 ranking. Tilleke & Gibbins’ IP and regulatory affairs boutique in Indonesia also took a step forward in the listings, earning a Band 4 ranking in the Intellectual Property category. The firm also maintained strong rankings in General Business Law in Laos and Myanmar.
Each ranking in the guide is accompanied by an analysis, originating from Chambers and Partners’ direct interviews with clients, highlighting specific areas of strength for each respective practice. In the 2021 editorial about the firm’s intellectual property practice Chambers notes that Tilleke & Gibbins is a “market-leading firm,” while a client commenting on the aviation practice was quoted as saying, “The firm is absolutely excellent and they provide a superb service. They are extremely diligent and thorough.” The firm’s insurance practice was also described well by a client, who said, “Their key strengths are an in-depth understanding of the insurance business and local practices, fast and commercially-minded advice, and the benefits of being a full-service law firm. Their relationships with local regulators and the industry associations are very strong.”
Chambers Asia-Pacific also ranks leading individual practitioners in each jurisdiction. This year Tilleke & Gibbins lawyers earned a total of 19 individual rankings across the region, as detailed below.
- Alan Adcock – Thailand – Intellectual Property
- Athistha (Nop) Chitranukroh – Thailand – Insurance, TMT
- Cynthia Pornavalai – Thailand – Corporate/M&A, Real Estate
- Darani Vachanavuttivong – Thailand – Intellectual Property
- Dino Santaniello – Laos – General Business Law
- Jay Cohen – Cambodia – General Business Law
- John Frangos – Thailand – Aviation
- Kien Trung Trinh – Vietnam – Corporate/M&A
- Linh Thi Mai Nguyen – Vietnam – Intellectual Property
- Loc Xuan Le – Vietnam – Intellectual Property
- Nandana Indananda – Thailand – Intellectual Property
- Pimvimol (June) Vipamaneerut – Thailand – Employment
- Suebsiri Taweepon – Thailand – Intellectual Property
- Thomas J. Treutler – Vietnam – Intellectual Property
- Thawat Damsa-ard – Thailand – Dispute Resolution
- Trung Nguyen – Vietnam – Intellectual Property
- Waewpen Piemwichai – Vietnam – TMT
Tilleke & Gibbins’ offices in Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, and Vietnam also received outstanding recognitions from Chambers and Partners. The Chambers Asia-Pacific rankings are based on in-depth market research, including input from our clients and other legal practitioners, are a reference guide to the top law firms and legal professionals across the Asia-Pacific region. To read the full rankings and analyses, please visit the Chambers and Partners website.