Working with you to prevent corruption and economic crime in Southeast Asia.
Tilleke & Gibbins’ offices are based in Southeast Asian countries that are attractive destinations for foreign investment. These countries, however, can also be high-risk environments for corruption, fraud, and other forms of economic crime. Local governments have been increasing their own anti-corruption and regulatory investigation efforts, changing the compliance and enforcement landscape. Failing to curb or prevent corrupt acts, economic crimes, or regulatory breaches can have devastating business, legal, and reputational consequences.
Tilleke & Gibbins offers a wide array of specialist legal, regulatory, and practical advice on government and internal investigations, white-collar defense, compliance, and anti-corruption matters, tailored for local jurisdictions. Our multi-jurisdictional team can assist you seamlessly across borders with a deep knowledge of local business practices and cultures.
Our investigation and compliance practice includes:
- Internal corporate investigations
- Advising clients on criminal and regulatory investigations
- Advising clients on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the U.K. Bribery Act
- Providing insight into local anti-corruption laws, regulatory regimes, and business culture
- Designing, advising, and implementing compliance programs
- Anti-corruption due diligence on agents, partners, and M&A targets
- Anti-corruption risk assessments and audits