On November 27-28, 2012, OMEGAWORLDCLASS will host a two-day informative summit on “Product Liability Law and Proactive Strategies” at the Swissotel, Nai Lert Park in Bangkok. The summit is intended to assist corporate executives and professionals to manage human resources, exchange knowledge on prevention strategies related to product liability, and to ultimately foster corporate performance in the field.
Thawat Damsa-ard, partner in the Tilleke & Gibbins dispute resolution team, will speak at the event amongst eight other speakers, including executives from the Office of the Consumer Protection Board and other legal practitioners. Thawat will be speaking on “Understanding Product Liability Law and Cases from the Court.” In addition to providing real case examples to support his presentation, he will also cover the changing consumer procedures and how they will affect consumer cases, and what constitutes provable evidence for entering litigation from the court’s perspective.
The rest of the summit will also cover the following:
- Latest developments and implications of the Product Liability Act and related law
- A regional perspective on past cases and the legal framework used in product liability law
- A comparative perspective on international practices and businesses in Thailand
- Case study: How to avoid product liability claims and effective risk management strategies
- Case study: How companies expose themselves to product liability and how they can minimize that risk
- Case study: How to manage product liability risk of imported products (with real case examples in various industries)
- Case study: How to minimize product liability litigation, once a dispute arises, using procedural tools and proven strategies
- Case study: How to ensure product safety and quality to prevent product liability along the supply chain
- Case study: Understanding the implications of product liability law in practice, using real past cases