Life sciences experts from Tilleke & Gibbins’ Bangkok, Hanoi, and Ho Chi Minh City offices are jointly hosting a Life Sciences Symposium in Ho Cho Minh City in collaboration with the American Chamber of Commerce. At the symposium, Alan Adcock, Dr. Atthachai Homhuan, Michael K. Lee, Thomas J. Treutler, and Tu Thanh Pham will discuss key topics and contemporary issues surrounding the pharmaceutical sector in Vietnam and throughout Southeast Asia. Their talks will cover the following main points:
- Overview of ASEAN drug registration requirements and market entry strategies, including important issues related to the establishment of the ASEAN Economic Community in 2015
- Ultra vires issues for foreign pharmaceutical companies operating in Vietnam, including the allowable activities under a representative office
- Guidance on drug processing activities in Vietnam
- Patent infringement in the pharmaceutical sector
- Strategic distributor termination and business takeover
The Life Sciences Symposium will be held at the Renaissance Riverside Hotel Saigon on September 16 at 11.30 a.m. If you would like to learn more about this event, please visit the AmCham HCMC website.