As the number of new regulations increases, so does demand for legal professionals increase in order to actively support business growth and mitigation of legal risks in the business context. Companies are widening their reach and innovation is the new keyword. However, with it comes a more complex compliance and governance structure, the need for sophisticated prudence in forming and sustaining strategic partners, and greater legal challenges overall.
To address these issues, share practical knowledge, and help corporations prepare themselves for new opportunities, Ideal Forum has organized the Corporate Legal Risk Management Conference 2012, which will take place on November 15-16, at the Pullman King Power Hotel in Bangkok. Darani Vachanavuttivong, co-managing partner at Tilleke & Gibbins, will speak on the topic “IP Issues Spotting – What Today’s General Counsel Need to Know to Protect Their Assets.” Darani’s presentation will provide an overview of the following:
- Recent IP developments in patents, trademarks, and copyrights
- What to know about available types of registration procedures when turning intangible assets into tangible intellectual property assets
- Understanding where and how intellectual property issues may arise
- Contracts and business relationships
- Anti-counterfeiting, and how to protect products and profits
For more information on the event, please visit the Ideal Forum website.