The 2018 edition of Thomson Reuters’ Practical Law Life Sciences Global Guide has been released, with a chapter on Pharmaceutical Intellectual Property and Competition Law in Thailand penned by legal practitioners from Tilleke & Gibbins.
The guide is a Q&A-style overview of the regulatory frameworks of the life sciences industries across multiple jurisdictions worldwide, with this chapter addressing the following issues as they relate to Thailand:
- Pharmaceutical patent legislation and scope of protection
- Patent application process, duration of protection, and revocation
- Patent infringement, claims, and remedies
- Non-patent barriers to competition for pharmaceutical protection
- Pharmaceutical trademark legislation and scope of protection
- Trademark application process, duration of protection, and revocation
- Trademark infringement, claims, and remedies
- Regulatory powers and enforcement against pharmaceutical counterfeiting
- Competition law framework and implications for the pharmaceutical sector
- Competition issues related to licensing of pharmaceutical technology and patents, and market entry of generic products
- Market dominance issues in the pharmaceutical sector
- Parallel imports
- Foreign patent and trademark licenses, and payment of royalties
Practical Law, produced by Thomson Reuters, is the world’s leading legal know-how resource for business lawyers, publishing a huge range of guides covering hundreds of jurisdictions and practice areas. Tilleke & Gibbins also drafted a chapter on Medicinal Product Regulation and Product Liability in Thailand for the 2018 edition of the guide.