Attorneys from Tilleke & Gibbins’ Bangkok office have written the Thailand chapter of the newly released Fashion Law 2021, a guide to law surrounding the business of fashion in jurisdictions around the world.
The guide covers 18 key jurisdictions for the global fashion industry, offering insights into local legal frameworks surrounding vital issues such as brand enforcement and protection, e-commerce and marketing, and sustainability considerations.
The Thailand chapter of Fashion Law 2021 provides detailed information on the following topics:
- Trademarks, designs, copyright, and other intellectual property types, as well as the main intellectual property legal tools available to protect fashion products in Thailand.
- Strategic local contractual arrangements for manufacturing, distributing, and advertising fashion products.
- Overview and application of online marketing regulations and consumer protection regulations in Thailand.
- The most relevant unfair competition rules for fashion businesses and local courts’ interpretation and enforcement of the rules.
- ESG (environmental, social, and governance) concerns and sustainability issues for the fashion industry.
- Customs monitoring and local import and export guards against counterfeit products.
- Frequently asked questions and common concerns regarding fashion business operations in Thailand.
The full Thailand chapter is available for free on the Global Legal Post website, or it can be downloaded as a PDF through the button below. Tilleke & Gibbins also contributed the Vietnam chapter to the guide.