Attorneys from Tilleke & Gibbins in Vietnam have written the Vietnam chapter of the newly released Fashion Law 2021, a guide to law surrounding the business of fashion in jurisdictions around the world.
The guide covers 18 key jurisdictions for the global fashion industry, offering insights into local legal frameworks surrounding vital issues such as brand enforcement and protection, e-commerce and marketing, and sustainability considerations.
The Vietnam chapter of Fashion Law 2021 provides detailed information on the following topics:
- Trademarks, designs, copyright, and other intellectual property types such as patents and trade secrets.
- Strategic local contractual arrangements for manufacturing, distributing, and advertising fashion products.
- Overview and application of online marketing regulations and consumer protection regulations in Vietnam.
- The most relevant unfair competition rules for fashion businesses, and local courts’ interpretation and enforcement of the rules.
- ESG (environmental, social, and governance) concerns and sustainability issues for the fashion industry.
- Customs monitoring and local import and export guards against counterfeit products.