On April 28, Dino Santaniello, head of Tilleke & Gibbins’ office in Laos, was featured in a webinar hosted by the South-East Asia IP SME Helpdesk in conjunction with the European Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Laos. The purpose of the session was to improve awareness among European SMEs and other public and private stakeholders about IP laws and practice in Laos, as well as to highlight the benefits of improving IP protection in the jurisdiction.
In his presentation titled “Trademark Protection and Enforcement and Intellectual Property-Related Updates in Laos,” Dino led discussions on a wide range of topics, including:
- The local legal framework for trademarks;
- National and international trademark registration;
- Parallel imports and license agreements;
- Viable options for trademark enforcement; and
- Relevant practical case studies.