Key Responsibilities Include:
- Advising and assisting clients with a broad range of intellectual property issues, including without limitation the registration of clients’ intellectual property, anti-counterfeiting strategies and enforcement actions, negotiating IP disputes with the Department of Intellectual Property Rights or other authorities, advising on regulatory issues relating to pharmaceuticals, food, cosmetics, agrichemicals, and other products.
- Preparing and filing a high volume of trademark and patent applications and reporting the filing particulars, publication progress and registration progress. Urgent filings are sometimes necessary.
- Taking all necessary steps to obtain, maintain, and defend clients’ intellectual property rights, including timely submission of all documents to relevant authorities, responding to authorities’ requests for information or clarification, filing necessary recordals or renewals, following up regularly on the status of client matters, and monitoring the activities of third parties who may impinge on clients’ rights.
- Liaising with various ministries and other third parties. Frequent travel within Phnom Penh may be required.
- Translating documents from English to Khmer or from Khmer to English, and reviewing translations performed by others to ensure accuracy, as instructed.
- Bachelor degree in Law, with a focus on Intellectual Property field.
- Work experience in a professional setting is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving attitude. Ability to organize, prioritize tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Strong sense of responsibility and ability to work independently while supporting a team.
- Excellent spoken and written English, interpersonal skills and a strong service mind.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
Please send the CV to: [email protected]