The Islamic financial sector has grown at a significant rate over the past several years, and currently represents over USD 2 trillion in global market value. As Islamic finance becomes increasingly integrated into the mainstream financial systems of both Muslim and non-Muslim nations, it poses important implications for financial institutions, and the professional services firms that support them.
To examine notable trends shaping the Islamic financial sector in 2018 and beyond, Tilleke & Gibbins, in collaboration with Lee Hishammuddin Allen & Gledhill and the Labuan International Business and Financial Center, is hosting a seminar under the theme of “Malaysia as an Intermediating Hub: A Tax Neutral, Islamic Approach.”
Cynthia M. Pornavalai, a partner in the Tilleke & Gibbins corporate and commercial group, will be opening the seminar, which will feature presentations by international experts on a range of topics:
- Islamic Financial Services and Halal Hubs in Malaysia: The Developments So Far
- Labuan IBFC’s Leadership in Islamic Financial Services
- Labuan IBFC: Your Asian Business Facilitator and Wealth Aggregator
- Fiscal Efficiencies and Substance Creation in a Tax Transparent World
- The opportunities in Self Insurance: Captive Insurance 101
- Wealth Management Structures and Solutions at your Doorstep
The event will be held at Tilleke & Gibbins’ Bangkok office on February 1, from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., and will be followed by cocktails. Attendance is by invitation only, with guests including senior executives from leading Thai and international financial institutions, among others.