Partner Vinh Quoc Nguyen and attorney Tu Ngoc Trinh of Tilleke & Gibbins’ energy industry group have contributed a chapter on electricity regulations in Vietnam for the 2019 edition of the Practical Law Energy and Natural Resources Global Guide . The guide provides a comparative high-level overview, in a concise Q&A format, of energy laws and regulations in multiple jurisdictions around the world, and is split into three sections featuring regulations on (i) electricity, (ii) oil and gas, and (iii) mining.
The Vietnam electricity chapter covers a range of topics, including the following:
- Recent trends in Vietnam’s electricity market and regulatory structure
- Companies involved in electricity generation, transmission, distribution and supply
- Import and export of electricity
- Electricity generation and renewable energy sources, including government policies and incentives
- Electricity transmission, distribution, and supply
- Proposals for reform, including privatization
Practical Law Company is owned by Thomson Reuters and provides global guides covering legal know-how for corporate lawyers, including Global Guides to electricity regulation. Tilleke & Gibbins also contributes the Thailand chapter of this guide, as well as guides to numerous other practice areas.
The full chapter can be viewed on the Practical Law website or downloaded using the button below.