Partner Vinh Quoc Nguyen and attorney Tu Ngoc Trinh of Tilleke & Gibbins contributed the chapter on electricity regulations in Vietnam for the Practical Law Energy and Natural Resources Global Guide. The guide provides a comparative high-level overview, in a concise Q&A format, of energy laws and regulations in multiple jurisdictions around the world, and is split into three sections featuring regulations on (i) electricity, (ii) oil and gas, and (iii) mining.
The Vietnam electricity chapter covers a range of topics, including the following:
- Recent trends in Vietnam’s electricity market and regulatory structure
- Companies involved in electricity generation, transmission, distribution and supply
- Import and export of electricity
- Electricity generation and renewable energy sources, including government policies and incentives
- Electricity transmission, distribution, and supply
- Proposals for reform, including privatization
Please click the link below to view the chapter.