Kien Trung Trinh, partner and head of Tilleke & Gibbins’ labor and employment practice in Vietnam, wrote the chapter on Vietnam for the latest edition of Practical Law’s Employment and Employee Benefits Global Guide. The 2019 edition of the popular handbook provides a comparative overview of labor law in 31 jurisdictions spanning the globe, from Australia to Mexico. Tilleke & Gibbins also contributed the Myanmar chapter of the guide.
The Vietnam chapter covers a wide range of typical employment matters, such as limitations on working hours, paid leave requirements, minimum wage, and health and safety obligations. In addition, the guide provides insight on a number of topics of special interest to foreign investors doing business in Vietnam, including the following:
- Mandatory contents of a labor contract;
- Visas and permits required for expatriate employees;
- Employers’ obligations for protecting employees’ privacy and personal data;
- Procedural requirements for the dismissal of an employee;
- Employer and parent company liability.
To read the Vietnam chapter, click on the link below.