Tilleke & Gibbins has contributed to the electricity regulation section of Practical Law Company’s Energy and Natural Resources Global Guide, which provides a Q&A-style overview of power issues and regulations across 22 jurisdictions worldwide.
The Thailand chapter, written by David Beckstead, a consultant in the Tilleke & Gibbins corporate and commercial group, details Thailand’s domestic electricity market, regulatory framework, and procedures and requirements. In particular, it covers the following subjects:
- Electricity market and regulatory structure
- Main companies, foreign ownership, and import of electricity
- Sources of electricity generation, authorization, and operating requirements
- Transmission authorization, operating requirements, and charges
- System balancing
- Distribution authorization, operating requirements, and charges
- Supply authorization and operating requirements, trading between generators and suppliers, electricity price and conditions of sale, and statutory powers
- Tax issues and insurance
Practical Law Company is owned by Thomson Reuters and provides global guides covering legal know-how for corporate lawyers.