Jeffrey J. Blatt, of counsel, and David Duncan, consultant, in Tilleke & Gibbins’ corporate and commercial group, will speak at a Lex Mundi webinar panel discussion on “Cyber Security, Data Protection, and Government Access: Advising Corporate Clients Moving to the Cloud and Beyond.” They will be joined by two other prominent panelists to discuss cyber security, data protection, and government access in Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore. In particular, they will cover the following subjects, among others:
- Board-level strategic risks a company must manage in using or providing cloud-based services
- Commercial and legal issues raised by placing company confidential data in a cloud operated by a third-party service provider
- Risks for multinational cloud service providers in locating servers in particular jurisdictions
- Circumstances in which courts, law enforcement, and/or intelligence agencies in Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore can compel a third-party cloud service provider to disclose a customer company’s confidential emails, attachments, and documents
- The steps that can be taken by a cloud service provider and/or its corporate customers to mitigate these risks
Lex Mundi is the world’s leading network of independent law firms. Tilleke & Gibbins represents the network as the exclusive member firm for Thailand. The webinar will take place on October 14 from 9 p.m. to 10.30 p.m. Bangkok time. If you would like to learn more about this webinar, please visit the Lex Mundi website.