The tenth edition of The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Telecoms, Media & Internet Laws & Regulations provides a comprehensive overview of telecoms, media, and internet laws and regulations in 27 jurisdictions worldwide. Presented in a Q&A-style format, the Thailand chapter of the guide, which was written by lawyers at Tilleke & Gibbins, covers the following topics:
- Telecoms: Licenses and authorizations; public and private works; access and interconnection including resolving disputes at the Dispute Resolution Committee of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission; price and consumer regulation; and numbering.
- Radio spectrum: Allocation under the Frequency Allocation Act and assigning, trading, or sublicensing spectrum licenses.
- Cybersecurity and data: Regulations under the Computer Crimes Act, Telecommunications Business Act, Special Investigation Act, and the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in a State of Emergency.
- Distribution of audio-visual media: Regulations under the Broadcasting Business Act and the types of licenses and their key obligations.
- Internet infrastructure: Infringing content, blocking traffic, net neutrality, and blocking access to certain sites or content.