Dr. Jakkrit Kuanpoth, of counsel in Tilleke & Gibbins’ intellectual property group, will speak at a seminar, hosted by the Thai Auto-Parts Manufacturers Association, focusing on intellectual property infringement in the automobile parts industry. Dr. Jakkrit, speaking on the topic “Infringement on Design Rights in Relation to Automotive Spare Parts,” will cover the following subjects:
- The differences between invention patents and design patents
- The grant and registration of a design patent
- Design patent infringement
- Exceptions to infringement
- IP infringement that affects the automobile parts industry
- Unlawful trade and parallel imports
The Thai Auto-Parts Manufacturers Association is a group of private-sector auto parts manufacturing companies that supports auto parts industrialists in Thailand. The seminar will be conducted in the Thai language, and will take place on November 23 from 1.30 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Bitec Bangna. If you would like to learn more about this event, please contact Ms. Pinta Punsoni at [email protected].