This position is for a key senior lawyer to assist partner(s) in leading and developing tax practice group. The lawyer is expected to have strong expertise and legal knowledge in tax law and regulations and capabilities in rendering professional advice and managing complex cases.
Areas of Responsibility
- Advise clients on various tax matters in respect of corporate income tax, personal income tax, VAT, specific business tax, stamp duty, excise tax, customs duty, house and land tax, BOI, etc.
- Advise clients on tax planning for domestic and cross-border transactions, proper structure for doing business in Thailand, and utilization of double tax agreements.
- Advise clients on the computation of individual income tax and corporate income tax, filing of tax returns and other tax compliance matters.
- Prepare tax appeals and various letters to the tax authorities, such as letters requesting a tax ruling, letters requesting a waiver or reduction of a penalty, fine, surcharge, etc.
- Formulate legal strategies, provide legal opinions and analytical responses to clients, respond to inquiries, develop legal guide, complete questionnaire, and act as the primary point of contact for clients.
- Perform legal research when and as necessary to resolve legal issues and determine the appropriate course of action regarding a particular issue/case.
Client Development and Work and Relationships Management
- Take initiative in designing and implementing business development and marketing plans for tax practice group for Thailand office and the firm’s overseas offices in the region.
- Regularly publish articles and give presentations that increase the firm’s visibility, which results in new business opportunities.
- Participate in crafting proposals and pitch for new business from current or prospective clients.
- Identify and participate in relevant conferences as agreed partner(s)/department heads.
- Take full ownership of work with minimal oversight from partner(s).
- Effectively and efficiently manage projects and matters well.
- Mentor associates and help them in developing legal skills, work management, and client relationships.
- Manage other administrative tasks in professional and timely manners such as time recording, invoicing, billing and chasing aged-debt, matter opening, conflicts of interest, etc.
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of tax laws and regulations.
- Experience preparing complex tax returns and tax computation.
- At least 8-10 years of demonstrated tax law experience.
Skills & Attitudes
- Communication skills – have excellent written and spoken skills in both Thai and English.
- Organizational skills – be able to effectively manage multiple assignments and prioritize work.
- Persuasion skills – be able to confidently persuade, articulate, and discuss legal issues, transactions, and strategies.
- Legal mindset – be able to apply legal principles and draw on experience to develop legal strategies and solve legal problems.
- Service mindset – demonstrate true commitment in achieving positive matter outcomes for clients and be able to build and maintain client relationships.
- Commercial thinking – possess strong business acumen, keep up to date with market trends, and be able to identify business opportunities for the firm.
Please send the CV to: [email protected]