The first half of 2018 has seen a flurry of legislative activity in Vietnam’s technology, media, and telecommunications (TMT) sectors, with major laws passed and others in the drafting process.
Consultant Giang Thi Huong Tran and partner Thomas J. Treutler from Tilleke & Gibbins’ TMT team in Vietnam have prepared a report on the key developments in these sectors over the past six months. The report covers topics including:
- The new Cybersecurity Law passed on June 12
- A proposed regulation on OTT television services
- Amendments to legislation on the management of websites and social networks
- Updates to the list of unsafe ICT products and goods
- Proposed amendments to the regulations on e-money
To read the full report, please click on the link below.