Alan Adcock, partner and deputy director of intellectual property and regulatory affairs, recently joined fellow members of LAN, the Lifesciences Asia-Pacific Network, in a video podcast on digital health and telemedicine in the Asia-Pacific region.
In Episode #10 of On the Pulse featuring LAN – Digital Health in Asia-Pacific, Alan (speaking on Thailand and Vietnam) and lawyers from CMS (China), Atsumi & Sakai (Japan), and Yulchon LLC (South Korea), discuss the following issues:
- a fragmented situation in APAC in terms of government policy and support for digital health initiatives
- a lack of a clear definition of “digital health” in most jurisdictions, and a mixed regulatory environment, with a need to update the laws in many jurisdictions
- how to deal with privacy concerns with the use of personal data with digital health technologies
- how to protect the intellectual property associated with digital health innovation
- developments in telemedicine in the APAC region and support for remote care and online consultations