Areas of Responsibility
- Handle all aspects of commercial and criminal litigation, arbitration, and other case assignments from case inception to completion.
- Provide written and verbal legal advice to clients.
- Interact with government officials and police.
- Analyze case facts and legal issues to determine legal strategies and maximize a successful outcome for clients.
- Prepare pleadings, petitions, and other court submissions.
- Conduct legal research and draft legal opinions.
- Conduct negotiations.
- Argue and present cases before the courts in all phases of litigation, including pre-trial hearings and trials.
- Interview, select, and prepare witnesses and witness testimonies for trials and hearings.
- Conduct direct and cross-examination and oral arguments in proceedings.
- Prepare appeals.
- Draft agreements, including settlement agreements.
Client Development and Work and Relationships Management
- Take initiative in designing and implementing business development and marketing plans for Dispute Resolution practice group for Thailand office and the firm’s overseas offices in the region.
- Regularly publish articles and give presentations that increase the firm’s visibility, which results in new business opportunities.
- Participate in crafting proposals and pitch for new business from current or prospective clients.
- Identify and participate in relevant conferences as agreed partner(s)/department heads.
- Take full ownership of work with minimal oversight from partner(s).
- Effectively and efficiently manage projects and matters well.
- Manage other administrative tasks in professional and timely manners such as time recording, invoicing, billing and chasing aged-debt, matter opening, conflicts of interest, etc.
Knowledge and Experience
- Qualified Thai lawyer with exceptional academic background.
- At least 5 years of work experience as a litigator in Thailand, working on a variety of litigation and arbitration matters.
- Proficiency in Chinese language preferred.
Skills & Attitudes
- Communication skills – have excellent written and spoken skills in both Thai and English.
- Organizational skills – be able to effectively manage multiple assignments and prioritize work.
- Persuasion skills – be able to confidently persuade, articulate, and discuss legal issues, transactions, and strategies.
- Legal mindset – be able to apply legal principles and draw on experience to develop legal strategies and solve legal problems.
- Service mindset – demonstrate true commitment in achieving positive matter outcomes for clients and be able to build and maintain client relationships.
- Commercial thinking – possess strong business acumen, keep up to date with market trends, and be able to identify business opportunities for the firm.
Please send the CV to: [email protected]