International Financial Law Review (IFLR) has released the final installment of the 2023 edition of its annual IFLR1000 rankings of leading law firms in domestic and cross-border financial and transactional matters across the globe.
Tilleke & Gibbins’ performance was consistent with last year’s results, as for the third consecutive year the firm’s regional corporate and commercial team was awarded 15 distinct practice rankings across Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, and Vietnam. Tilleke & Gibbins was ranked in the following practice areas:
- Thailand—Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, Mergers and Acquisitions, Project Development, Restructuring and Insolvency
- Vietnam—Banking and Finance, Mergers and Acquisitions, Project Development
- Myanmar—Financial and Corporate and Project Development
- Cambodia—Financial and Corporate, Project Development
- Laos—Financial and Corporate, Project Development
In addition to the firmwide rankings, Tilleke & Gibbins’ representation in the individual has doubled, with five more attorneys listed in addition to the five retaining their rankings from previous years. The following 10 lawyers were recognized with individual rankings for their expertise in financial or transactional matters in their respective jurisdictions:
- Charunun Sathitsuksomboon – Thailand – M&A
- Dino Santaniello – Laos – Corporate and M&A
- David Mol – Cambodia – Insurance, Pharmaceuticals and Life Sciences
- Derrick Khoo – Myanmar – Financial and Corporate
- Jay Cohen – Cambodia – Energy, Aviation
- Joseph Tomkiewicz – Thailand – Coroporate and M&A, Project Development
- Onunya Chanpen – Thailand – M&A, Project Development
- Saithong Rattana – Laos – Project Development, M&A
- Santhapat Periera – Laos – Banking, Energy, M&A
- Yuwadee Thean-ngarm – Myanmar – Banking and Finance, M&A
IFLR1000 ranks the world’s leading corporate and financial law firms, covering the core transactional practice areas of Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, Mergers and Acquisitions, Project Development, and Restructuring and Insolvency.
Please visit the IFLR1000 website to review the full rankings for Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, and Vietnam.