From the amendment of the Labor Protection Act (LPA) to the announcement of several significant Supreme Court decisions, there have been a number of important developments in Thai labor and employment law in 2017. To recap these issues and look ahead to what may be coming next, Tilleke & Gibbins will be hosting our Annual Employment Law Forum on Tuesday, November 28, 2017, at our Bangkok office. The Thai-language program will feature in-depth examination of:
- The new retirement regime under the amended LPA
- The amended LPA’s new penalties and requirements relating to Work Rules
- Proposed upcoming LPA amendments related to severance pay
- Updated requirements for employment of foreign nationals, as well as enhanced penalties for violations
- Supreme Court rulings on unfair termination, unfair labor practice, resignation, and other issues
In addition, the program will include multiple Q&A sessions that will provide participants with the opportunity for interactive and insightful discussions with one another, as well as with our speakers Chusert Supasitthumrong, partner in our dispute resolution group; and Chaiwat Keratisuthisathorn, Kitti Thaisomboon, and Nutavit Sirikan, attorneys-at-law in our corporate and commercial group.
For more information about this event, please contact Ms. Malika Chawla, Coordinator, Marketing & Communications, at [email protected] or +66 2056 5546.