On December 8, Tilleke & Gibbins collaborated with True Digital Park to offer a Thai-language webinar on e-commerce laws and regulations in Thailand.
In the webinar, Penrurk Phetmani, senior associate, and Nutavit Sirikan, associate, both in the firm’s corporate and commercial group in Bangkok, provided a comprehensive overview of the regulatory framework for launching and sustaining successful e-commerce operations in the country, including in-depth discussions on a number of common legal concerns for SMEs:
- Relevant licenses and permits and how to secure them;
- Appropriate procedures to establish and register e-commerce operations in Thailand;
- Newly announced regulations on credit terms and food pickup/delivery services;
- Key trends and issues in tech, e-commerce, and e-services; and
- The impact of competition, consumer protection, and data privacy laws on online business operators.
A full video recording of the webinar, which was presented in Thai, is available on the Tilleke & Gibbins’ YouTube channel.