Lex Mundi will hold its 2014 Litigation, Arbitration, and Dispute Resolution Asia-Pacific practice group meeting in Bangkok on December 11–12, 2014. As the exclusive Lex Mundi member firm for Thailand, Tilleke & Gibbins will host fellow Lex Mundi participants from around the region to discuss the latest trends in dispute resolution and plan for joint activities among member firms in 2015.
The practice group meeting will include discussions of the following topics:
- Thai Customs Law. Thawat Damsa-ard, a partner in the Tilleke & Gibbins dispute resolution group, will give a presentation on presumed guilt and the effect of incentives under Thailand’s customs regulations.
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability. Michael Ramirez, who heads up the Myanmar office of Tilleke & Gibbins, will discuss directors’ and officers’ liability in Thailand and around the region.
- Emergency Relief Measures in Asia. This panel discussion, composed of participants from six Lex Mundi member firms, will review the availability of preliminary injunctions and other forms of emergency relief in their jurisdictions. Kasamesunt Teerasitsathaporn, a partner at Tilleke & Gibbins, will serve on the panel.
- IP Litigation. During the lunch session, Suebsiri Taweepon of the Tilleke & Gibbins intellectual property group will provide an update on recent IP enforcement and litigation matters in Thailand. Delegates will also have an opportunity to tour the Tilleke & Gibbins Museum of Counterfeit Goods.
- Managing Cross-Border Litigation Matters. A panel of Tilleke & Gibbins clients will share their recent experience with litigation and arbitration across the region. This discussion will be moderated by Tiziana Sucharitkul, the firm’s co-managing partner and director, dispute resolution.
For more information on Lex Mundi or this event, please visit the Lex Mundi website.