The International Trademark Association (INTA) has announced a talented and dedicated group of member volunteers to serve on its committees for the 2016 to 2017 term. Committee members, together with INTA staff, pool their collective expertise to address issues such as advocacy of trademarks and brand owner rights, resources dedicated to intellectual property advancement, communication and implementation of INTA’s strategic objectives, and planning educational programs and events.
Five Tilleke & Gibbins lawyers have been appointed to serve as INTA committee members. They are as follows:
- Darani Vachanavuttivong – Harmonization of Trademark Law and Practice Committee, which evaluates efforts on national, regional, and international levels by considering treaties, trade agreements, special conventions, and other nonbinding instruments that relate to trademark law and practice.
- Alan Adcock – Emerging Issues Committee, which identifies and advocates INTA’s policy regarding important trends and emerging issues related to trademarks. Alan has just ended six years on the Legislation and Regulation Subcommittee for East Asia and the Pacific – the final two years serving as Chairman.
- Linh Thi Mai Nguyen – Trademark Office Practices Committee, which evaluates and suggests improvements to trademark office practices, procedures, operations, and regulations at the national, regional, and international level.
- Wiramrudee Mokkhavesa – Enforcement Committee, which develops and advocates INTA’s policy regarding the timely and effective enforcement of trademarks and business identifiers. Wiramrudee has just ended four years on the Anti-Counterfeiting Subcommittee for East Asia and the Pacific.
- Thomas J. Treutler – Famous and Well-Known Marks Committee, which evaluate treaties, laws, regulations and procedures relating to protection for famous and well-known marks, and also focuses on developing and advocating policies and positions to advance balanced protection of famous and well-known marks.
INTA is a not-for-profit worldwide organization of trademark owners and legal advisors. If you would like to learn more about the INTA committees, please visit the INTA website.