On January 18, 2022, Tilleke & Gibbins held a Thai-language webinar to clarify key principles of Thailand’s Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562 (2019 (PDPA) for human resources professionals as the law’s effective date draws closer.
- Scope of personal data collection for the human resources department;
- Purpose of personal data processing and establishing the principle of legality;
- Notification of data collection and data processing in accordance with the law;
- Requesting consent from data subjects;
- Procedures of execution according to the rights of data subjects (e.g., job applicants, employees, and former employees); and
- Managing personal data collected prior to the effective date of the PDPA.
A recording of the webinar (in Thai) is available on the Tilleke & Gibbins YouTube channel.