On February 8, Nopparat Lalitkomon, senior associate, and Thammapas Chanpanich, associate, both in the firm’s corporate and commercial group in Bangkok, delivered a joint Thai-language webinar entitled “Personal Data Protection Guidelines for Insurance Industry.”
During the session, the speakers focused on the relevance of the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA)—which is expected to come into force on June 1, 2022—to the insurance industry. Specifically, they discussed the following topics:
- Key principles of personal data collection;
- Scope of establishing the principle of legality for insurance companies;
- Notification of data collection and data processing activities in accordance with the law;
- Procedures of execution between insurance companies and their counterparties; and
- Managing personal data collected prior to the effective date of the PDPA.
A recording of the webinar (in Thai) is available to watch on the Tilleke & Gibbins YouTube channel.