On April 20, three attorneys from Tilleke & Gibbins’ corporate and commercial group—Gvavalin Mahakunkitchareon, associate; Nopparat Lalitkomon, senior associate; and Pongpalin Chantrapirom, associate—offered a Thai-language webinar entitled “Personal Data Protection Compliance Preparation.”
During the session, the three speakers gave a comprehensive overview of Thailand’s data protection regulatory regime to assist attendees in complying with the Personal Data Protection Act BE 2562 (PDPA), which will come into full effect on June 1, 2022. In particular, the speakers covered the following topics:
- Key principles of personal data collection;
- PDPA compliance considerations for insurance companies;
- Notification of data collection and data processing in accordance with the law;
- Managing personal data collected prior to the effective date of the PDPA;
- Penalties for noncompliance with the PDPA; and
- Comparative case studies involving the EU’s GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
A recording of the webinar (in Thai) is available on the Tilleke & Gibbins YouTube channel.