Termination Traffic Lights 2015, published by Mayer Brown in collaboration with Tilleke & Gibbins and other leading law firms, provides an overview of the level of risk and requirements associated with employment termination and related aspects in 14 countries across Asia and Australasia. David Duncan, a consultant in Tilleke & Gibbins’ corporate and commercial group, contributed the Thailand portion of the guide, which assesses areas including:
- Overall risk level on termination of employee
- Court attitude: employer or employee friendly?
- Degree of protection from termination
- Difficulty of following due process
- Ease of transfer of employee on a transfer of undertaking
- Level of ex gratia payment
- Risk of union involvement or collective bargaining requirement
- Risk of government involvement
Tilleke & Gibbins has a leading employment law practice. If you would like to read Termination Traffic Lights 2015, please click on the PDF below.