Practitioners from Tilleke & Gibbins’ Vietnam offices contributed content for the latest edition of the Practical Law Life Sciences Global Guide. The guide provides a comparative overview, in Q&A format, of laws and regulations on pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and other life sciences products in dozens of jurisdictions around the world.
The Life Sciences Global Guide is divided into two sections: Regulation (see more details here) and Commercialization, which covers the following topics:
- Overview of the life sciences sector
- Pricing, government funding, and reimbursement: National health care system, price regulation and reimbursement
- Distribution and sale
- Cross-border trade and parallel imports
- Advertising to the public and engagement with patient organizations
- Advertising to healthcare professionals and organizations: Gifts and incentives and transparency and disclosure
- Patents: Conditions for patentability, registration, length of protection, infringement, international treaties
- Trademarks: Requirements, registration
- Competition law issues: Authorities and legislation, commercial contracts and competition law, licensing approvals and formalities
- Product liability: Regulators, medicinal product liability law, liable partners, defenses, product liability claims, remedies
Practical Law, produced by Thomson Reuters, is the world’s leading legal know-how resource for business lawyers, publishing a huge range of guides covering hundreds of jurisdictions and practice areas.
The full “Life Sciences Commercialization in Vietnam” section can be found on the Practical Law website.