Life sciences specialists at Tilleke & Gibbins’ office in Bangkok have contributed a new “Life Sciences Commercialization in Thailand” chapter to the Life Sciences Global Guide from Practical Law. The Q&A-style guide provides strategic information for companies active in the life sciences sector in Thailand. The chapter covers a number of key areas:
- Overview of the life sciences sector
- Pricing, government funding, and reimbursement: National health care system, price regulation and reimbursement
- Distribution and sale
- Cross-border trade and parallel imports
- Advertising and engagement with patient organizations
- Patents: Conditions for patentability, registration, length of protection, infringement, international treaties
- Trademarks: Requirements, registration
- Competition law issues: Authorities and legislation, commercial contracts and competition law, licensing approvals and formalities
- Product liability: Regulators, medicinal product liability law, liable partners, defenses, product liability claims, remedies
Practical Law, produced by Thomson Reuters, is the world’s leading legal know-how resource for business lawyers, publishing a huge range of guides covering hundreds of jurisdictions and practice areas.
The full “Life Sciences Commercialization in Thailand” section can be found on the Practical Law website.