Tilleke & Gibbins’ intellectual property team in Bangkok has provided the latest updates to the Thailand chapter of Practical Law’s IP in Business Transactions Global Guide, a high-level comparative overview of intellectual property laws and regulations across 37 jurisdictions worldwide.
The IP in Business Transactions overview focuses on business-related aspects of intellectual property, such as the value of intellectual assets in M&A transactions, and the licensing of IP portfolios. The topics covered include the following:
- The main types of IP rights in Thailand and their registration, maintenance, and exploitation
- Assignment and licensing
- Taking security over IP rights
- IP rights in the context of mergers and acquisitions
- Joint ownership of IP
- Competition law and advertising in relation to IP
- Ownership of IP created by employees and consultants
- Tax matters, cross-border issues, and potential reforms
To read the full Thailand overview, please visit the Practical Law website.