Tilleke & Gibbins’ intellectual property team in Bangkok has provided the latest updates to the Thailand chapter of Practical Law’s IP in Business Transactions Global Guide , a high-level comparative overview of intellectual property laws and regulations across 36 jurisdictions worldwide.
IP in Business Transactions focuses on business-related aspects of intellectual property, such as the value of intellectual assets in M&A transactions, and the licensing of IP portfolios. The topics covered include the following:
- Protectable IP rights and their registration and maintenance
- Scope and formalities of assignment and licensing
- IP rights in the context of mergers and acquisitions
- Competition and advertising law in relation to IP
- Ownership of employee-created IP
- Tax matters, cross-border issues, and upcoming legislation
To read the full Thailand overview, please download the pdf below or visit the Practical Law website.