Tilleke & Gibbins’ intellectual property team in Bangkok has provided the latest updates to the Thailand chapter of Practical Law’s Intellectual Property Transactions Global Guide, a high-level comparative overview of intellectual property (IP) laws and regulations in 36 jurisdictions worldwide.
The Intellectual Property Transactions in Thailand chapter focuses on business-related aspects of IP, such as the value of intellectual assets in M&A transactions and the licensing of IP portfolios. The topics covered include the following:
- IP assignment and licensing: Basis/scope and formalities, trade secrets and confidentiality, main terms for assignment/licensing
- Research and development collaborations: Improvements and derivatives, joint ownership
- Conducting IP audits to determine the contents of an IP portfolio
- IP aspects of mergers and acquisitions: IP due diligence, warranties and indemnities, transfer of IP rights
- Lending and security interests over IP rights
- Settlement agreements in IP litigation
- Agreements regarding rights over IP created by employees and consultants
- Competition law and exploitation of IP rights
- Tax (e.g., for IP licensing) and nontariff trade barriers
To read the full Intellectual Property Transactions in Thailand chapter, please visit the Practical Law website.