Lawyers from Tilleke & Gibbins’ labor and employment team including Kien Trung Trinh, Sarah Galeski, and Nam Ngoc Trinh have written the Vietnam chapter of Practical Law’s Employment and Employee Benefits Global Guide. The 2021 edition of the handbook provides a high-level comparative overview of employment laws and regulations across 32 jurisdictions around the world. Tilleke & Gibbins also contributed the Myanmar chapter of the guide.
The Vietnam chapter covers a wide range of typical employment matters, such as limitations on working hours, paid leave requirements, minimum wage, and health and safety obligations. In addition, the guide provides insight on a number of topics of special interest to foreign investors doing business in Vietnam, including the following:
- Mandatory contents of a labor contract;
- Visas and permits required for expatriate employees;
- Employers’ obligations for protecting employees’ privacy and personal data;
- Procedural requirements for the dismissal of an employee;
- Employer and parent company liability.
The 2021 edition also includes a special section on Covid-19 related provisions of labor law.
To read the Vietnam chapter, click on the link below.