Lawyers from Tilleke & Gibbins’ Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City offices have written the Vietnam chapter for Practical Law Company’s Franchising Global Guide 2018. The Q&A guide provides an overview of franchising regulations in 36 jurisdictions worldwide. Tilleke & Gibbins also contributed the chapters for Cambodia, Myanmar, and Thailand.
The Vietnam chapter covers the following topics, among others:
- Franchising Market: High-level overview of the Vietnam franchising market and recent entrants
- Regulations: Definition of franchising under Vietnamese law; legislation applicable to franchising activities
- Franchise Agreements: Disclosure requirements, rights and obligations of franchisors and franchisees, permissible clauses, termination
- Intellectual Property: Typical provisions in franchise agreements, registration requirements for IPRs
- Competition Law: Impact of the new Law on Competition
- Dispute Resolution: Methods of handling disputes
To read the Vietnam chapter, please download the PDF below.