Kien Trung Trinh, senior attorney-at-law, Annika Svanberg, registered foreign attorney, and Tu Ngoc Trinh, attorney-at-law, in Tilleke & Gibbins’ Vietnam corporate and commercial group, have written the Vietnam chapter of International Employment Law, Third Edition (Release 4, 2015), which provides an overview of employment law in 42 jurisdictions worldwide. The Vietnam chapter covers the following topics in detail:
- Legal Relationship of Employer and Employee: Definition of employment, contracts of employment, transfers of business, and the different parties defined by the Labor Code including junior employees, apprentices, senior employees, disabled employees, foreign employees, and domestic servants.
- Terms and Conditions of Employment: Labor contract requirements, remuneration, working hours, holidays, healthcare coverage, vocational training, and requirements pertaining to directors.
- Discrimination: Gender, age, disability, race, and religion.
- Collective Bargaining and Worker Participation in Management: Employer and employee rights and duties and employer obligations to implement worker participation schemes.
- Health and Safety Protection in the Workplace: Occupational safety, hygiene, and national standards.
- Workers’ Compensation: Work-related accidents and absence from work.
- Dispute Resolution: Procedures for individual employees and groups of employees.
- Termination: Conditions where a contract is deemed terminated, restrictions on termination, required notice periods, procedures for termination, severance or redundancy payments, time limits for claims following termination, employer duties and liabilities, worker benefits under the National Unemployment Insurance Programs, and mandatory job-retraining programs and/or placement programs.
- Retirement: Compulsory social insurance funds.
- Employer and Employee Contributions: Social insurance, medical insurance, and unemployment contributions.
International Employment Law is published by the Center for International Legal Studies, an Austrian nonprofit research, training, and law publication institute.