The eleventh edition of The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Telecoms, Media & Internet Laws & Regulations presents a cross-border overview of telecoms, media, and internet laws and regulations in 27 jurisdictions worldwide. The Thailand chapter of the guide, presented in Q&A format, was contributed by Tilleke & Gibbins and covers the following topics:
- Sectoral overview: Key operators in telecoms and audio-visual media; relevant laws and regulations; regulatory agencies; liberalization and foreign investments.
- Telecoms: Licenses and authorizations; public and private works; access and interconnection, including resolving disputes; price and consumer regulation; and numbering.
- Radio spectrum: Allocation, assigning, trading, or sublicensing spectrum licenses.
- Cybersecurity, interception, encryption, and data retention: Legal frameworks for cybersecurity and government access to private communications; call interception obligations; encryption rules; and data retention obligations.
- Distribution of audio-visual media: Regulations for traditional and online platforms; and distribution licenses and obligations.
- Internet infrastructure: Liability for content; obligations related to infringing content; net neutrality requirements; and blocking access to certain sites/content.
This article appeared in the 2018 edition of The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Telecoms, Media & Internet Laws & Regulations, published by Global Legal Group Ltd, London. www.iclg.co.uk