Partner Pimvimol (June) Vipamaneerut and consultant David Duncan of the Tilleke & Gibbins corporate and commercial group, have coauthored the Thailand chapter of How to Hire and Fire (3rd Edition). Published by Multilaw, this guide looks at key issues relating to labor and employment law in Thailand, such as:
- General Principles: Forum in which employment disputes can be brought, statutes and codes, and national law as it applies to employees working for foreign companies in Thailand or national companies in another jurisdiction
- Hiring the Employee: Employment agreement requirements, types of agreements, secrecy and confidentiality, ownership of inventions, non-nationals, outsourcing, and sub-contracting
- Maintaining the Employee Relationship: Changing contracts and business ownership, insurance, discipline and grievance, harassment, discrimination, equal pay, training obligations, deductions, leave, unions, and vicarious liability
- Firing the Employee: Termination procedures, instant dismissal, resignation, types of termination, non-competition provisions, severance payments, tax provisions, and time limits for claims
- General: Unfair contract terms
Multilaw is a multinational association of independent law firms encompassing over 8000 lawyers in 150 commercial centers around the world. In addition to the Thailand chapter, attorneys from Tilleke & Gibbins wrote the Vietnam chapter of this publication.