Tilleke & Gibbins has been appointed by Sundaram Clayton, a major aluminum and magnesium supplier to the automotive industry to provide comprehensive IP portfolio strategies on its global portfolio of industrial designs, patents, and trademarks across 98 countries worldwide. Our work includes:
- handling over 2,000 trademark and 400 patent applications worldwide;
- providing various types of preventive measures for safeguarding the client’s intellectual assets and forewarning of potential risks to secure patents and trademarks;
- providing watch services, which are important to monitor others who are trying to register identical or similar brands;
- filing oppositions in order to fight off trademark and patent squatters, and defending the client’s trademarks if attacked by an opponent; and,
- advising extensively on how the client can register their model series, which is essentially comprised of arbitrarily arranged stylized letters and numbers, as trademarks in different jurisdictions.
Our client is part of the largest auto component manufacturing and distribution groups in the world. They are acutely aware that brand is a key factor and a valuable asset in today’s market, and that their position as a global leader requires pro-active and extensive portfolio management from the world-leading IP practitioners—a role which Tilleke & Gibbins has filled seamlessly.