Written by Tilleke & Gibbins consultant David Duncan, the Thailand chapter of Employment Issues on a Transfer of Business in Asia introduces employers to the complex issues that arise when one business is acquired by another. The publication addresses such topics as:
- Implications of asset transfer versus sale of shares
- Necessity for employee consent to a transfer of employment
- Restrictions on the ability to reduce compensation and benefits without employee consent
- Issues in relation to outsourcing
- Requirements for termination of contracts
The chapter seeks to answer many of the common HR questions posed by both buyers and sellers during the course of an acquisition transaction.