Your title will be Assistant, and you will perform a wide variety of administrative duties and client work. You will report directly to and receive instructions from the Firm’s Managing Director, the Partners, the Firm’s Associates, and/or others serving from time to time on the Firm’s management team.
- Screen telephone calls and record messages for your supervisors. Liaise between your supervisors and other colleagues and third parties outside the firm, as requested. Occasional travel within HCMC may be required.
- Establish and maintain calendar and deadline reminder systems for your supervisors. Maintain mailing lists and other internal records.
- Recording time spent on matters on a daily basis for your supervisor.
- Schedule appointments for attorneys and other supervisors, and make travel arrangements for attorneys, supervisors and clients as requested.
- Prepare correspondence, memoranda, legal forms, contracts and other legal documents from written and oral drafts. Occasionally prepare standard correspondence and other standard legal documents from scratch. Proofread and edit documents for proper grammar and spelling.
- As requested, translate written documents from Vietnamese to English and/or English to Vietnamese, or proofread translations prepared by others. Provide interpretation services for the Firm’s colleagues, clients and other persons.
- Review, sort, date and distribute incoming mail. Ensure that outgoing mail is timely delivered. If necessary, route mail to specific delivery services, and follow up on timely delivery.
- Process payment vouchers and other records in a timely manner.
- Perform overload typing, filing, photocopying, or reception relief as requested by supervisory staff.
- Work closely with administrative and accounting management and support staff, and assist them with their functions as instructed. Attend meetings with supervisory staff and colleagues as requested.
- Provide assistance needed to complete special projects that involve the operations of the firm.
- Assist with the Firm’s marketing activities, including bulk mailings and delivery of client gifts. Serve on various internal committees, and perform related duties as requested.
- Operate a computer, typewriter and other office equipment, using Microsoft Word, Excel, and other commercial or internally developed software. Maintain proficiency through self-study and formal or informal internal and external training.
- Attend training programs identified by the Firm in order to ensure that you maintain and develop the job skills necessary to ensure peak productivity, career development and the firm’s efficient operations.
- Other secretarial, administrative or accounting responsibilities as determined by firm management from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field; majoring in English is an advantage
- Vietnamese nationality
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Teamwork skills
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office
Please send the CV to: [email protected]