Somboon Earterasarun, director of Tilleke & Gibbins’ Jakarta office, will be speaking at a web-based seminar being organized by the European Commission’s ASEAN IPR SME Helpdesk. Somboon, a designated ASEAN IPR SME Helpdesk expert, will discuss the topic “How to Effectively Protect Your IP While Doing Business in Cambodia, Laos, and Brunei,” and he will present on the following individual subjects:
- The value of intellectual property
- What are trademarks, patents, and industrial designs?
- IP registration
- IP enforcement techniques
- Trademark infringement in Laos
- Potential pitfalls for entrepreneurs
The ASEAN IPR SME Helpdesk is a European Commission co-funded project that provides free, practical, business advice. The seminar will be held on February 26, 2014, at 3.30 p.m. Indonesia time, and it will be followed by a 30-minute Q&A session. If you would like to learn more, please visit the ASEAN IPR SME Helpdesk website.