On March 2, Noppramart Thammateeradaycho, a counsel in Tilleke & Gibbins’ dispute resolution group in Bangkok, was a guest presenter in the 2022 Virtual International Mediation Training organized by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) Thailand.
In this one-day training, which was facilitated by international mediation professionals from Australia, France, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Thailand, the experts covered the following topics:
- Negotiation skills, Harvard principles;
- Singapore convention on mediation, mediation vs. arbitration;
- Role of mediation advocacy lawyers in mediation;
- ICC mediation rules in relation to construction disputes; and
- Mediation of joint venture and multiparty disputes.
The training provided important information on mediation and arbitration to participants at an international level. The guidance from Noppramart and other experienced arbitration practitioners left attendees well equipped to practice domestically and internationally.