The ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) was originally planned to be fully integrated by the beginning of 2015. Now, however, the prognosis would suggest that its implementation will take place no sooner than the end of 2015. To discuss the status of regional economic integration and more, Cynthia M. Pornavalai, a partner in Tilleke & Gibbins’ corporate and commercial group, will speak at a joint AMCHAM/BCCT Boardroom Briefing seminar, where she will present on the topic “Where is the AEC now?” In particular, she will enumerate on the following issues:
- Where are we with the AEC?
- What has changed?
- What are the new realities of the AEC?
- Where is Thailand in the legal changes it should be making to conform to its obligations?
- How is the AEC supposed to modify Thai investment and labor laws?
- Where does Thailand stand in the process of modifying investment and labor laws?
This event is due to take place at the British Business Centre on Wireless Road, Bangkok, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on June 17. Cynthia will be joined by Andrew McBean of Grant Thornton Thailand, and their talks will be followed by a Q&A and a networking session. If you would like to learn more, please visit the BCCT website.