The LAWASIA team has invited Sasirusm (Roll) B. Chunhakasikarn, attorney-at-law in the Tilleke & Gibbins dispute resolution group, to be a panelist at the fourth LAWASIA Family Law Conference, which will be held in Penang, Malaysia, on July 13-14, 2012. All panelists will represent their jurisdictions; Sasirusm will be representing Thailand amongst seven other jurisdictions.
The session will focus on the future of family law and the imminent shortage of family lawyers. The discussion will also address the following questions:
- Should family law be taught as a compulsory or elective subject in law school?
- Should there be a specialist accreditation for family lawyers or specialist training for family law judges?
- Do clients feel less secure with younger family lawyers or judges?
- Are family lawyers valued?
- Is family law perceived as an easy option?
- What are the challenges of practicing family law?
- What skills are needed to practice family law?
- What are the latest trends in family law?
- What makes a good family lawyer?
- Are employment opportunities in family law growing?
LAWASIA is an international organization connecting lawyers, judges, legal academics, and associations, and is focused on issues and concerns in the legal profession in the Asia Pacific region. For more information or to register for the event, please visit the conference website.