Sriwan Puapondh, of counsel in Tilleke & Gibbins’ corporate and commercial practice, has been selected as an expert speaker at the upcoming “Mergers & Acquisitions 2018: Legal, Tax & Strategies for Successful Acquisitions” conference in Bangkok. Sriwan’s presentation, to be held on October 9, 2018, is titled “Key Focus Points in Tax Due Diligence Strategies and Techniques for M&A Deals” and will discuss the following topics in detail:
- Understanding the impact of taxes when deciding to merge or acquire overseas;
- Identifying the key scope of tax due diligence review;
- Techniques on analysis of the tax treatment and potential tax exposures;
- Tax benefits for M&A; and,
- Analyzing tax risks of the target company to implement counter measures available to mitigate these potential exposures.
The two-day conference, organized by Asia Business Connect, will be held at the Landmark Hotel, Bangkok on October 8 and 9 and will give attendees the chance to discuss merger and acquisition investment opportunities and share best practice on successful strategies. In addition to Sriwan’s session, the conference will feature eleven other guest speakers from the industry.
For more information, please visit Asia Business Connect’s website.