Lawyers from Tilleke & Gibbins’ intellectual property team in Hanoi have written the Vietnam chapter of Practical Law’s IP in Business Transactions Global Guide, a high-level comparative overview of intellectual property laws and regulations across 34 jurisdictions.
IP in Business Transactions focuses on business-related aspects of intellectual property, such as the value of intellectual assets in M&A transactions, and the licensing of IP portfolios. The topics covered include the following:
- Protectable IP rights and their registration and maintenance
- Scope and formalities of assignment and licensing
- IP rights in the context of mergers and acquisitions
- Competition and advertising law in relation to IP
- Ownership of employee-created IP
- Cross-border issues
To read the Vietnam chapter, please click on the link below.